Yogah cittavrtti nirodhah
Yoga is the cessation of the fluctuations of mind
Yoga Sutra 1.2 Patanjali
Natural Medicine Practitioner, Acupuncturist & Musculoskeletal Therapist
Yoga Acharya in the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Lineage
Devoted Student of:
Jodie fuses neuro-musculoskeletal rehabilitation, contemporary alignment principles and classical yoga seamlessly to create an individual yoga practice that meets you exactly where you are. Yoga should fit the practitioner, not the "school" or style of Yoga!
Jodie works with experienced and aspiring Yoga teachers and practitioners, tired mums and dads, frustrated teens, burnt-out students, anxious preconceives and pregnant women. Jodie's unique skill set also attracts practitioners with debilitating injuries and congenital conditions. If you have ever been to a Yoga class and decided it is "too hard" or not for you; A personal session may change your mind and lead you back to moving like YOU again.
Thorneside Community Hall (School Terms)
7pm - 8:15pm
ALL LEVELS WELCOME
Instructed By Jodie Gillam-Pendergast
Yoga Acharya, CM Practitioner & Musculoskeletal Therapist
Classes are progressive = Starting with foundations and opt for stronger variations at your own pace:
* Gentle floor based warm ups to unwind posture
* Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) to improve function no matter what your "flexibility"
* Progressive Vinyasa > To MOVE stagnation and promote the flow of PRANA (life-force) > flow in and out of postures according to your own ability.
* Advanced options given for more advanced practitioners.
*Easeful options given for those who are less mobile, have injury or just want a chilled sesh.
* Each class finishes with relaxation/restorative posture.